Peace in Schools is hiring for a full-time (40 hours a week) Communications Coordinator! Work as part of a passionate organization breaking new ground in mindfulness education.
Peace in Schools (PinS) is a registered 501(c)(3) organization based in Portland, Oregon. Founded in 2008, we offer mindfulness and contemplative education programs for young people and adults. In schools we are pioneering new depths in mindfulness education, having created the first for-credit mindfulness course in the nation to serve public high schools. We also offer mindfulness and contemplative education for adults through Peace in Schools and CaverlyMorgan.org. Our adult programs include classes, workshops and retreats that support both mindfulness education for those who work with youth and contemplative practice and personal transformation for all adults.
The Communications Coordinator tells the story of our organization in a way that intimately connects our supporters, partners and participants with the work we do. The aim is to convey the impact of our programs with feeling, authenticity and professionalism. The Communications Coordinator draws on the experiences of teen and adult participants, as well staff, to inspire people to engage fully in our offerings and support our mission. Details of programs can be found on two websites: www.peaceinschools.org and caverlymorgan.org. (Caverly Morgan is PinS Founder and Executive Director).
- Create daily social media content related to PinS and CaverlyMorgan.org (CM) programs.
- Create regularly updated content for PinS and CM websites.
- Write and edit blogs and other written online content.
- Secure speaking engagements and conference presentation opportunities for senior staff.
- Support senior staff in development of published writing projects.
- Write and produce email newsletters for PinS and CM mailing lists.
- Implement event specific marketing strategies to ensure that participation goals are met.
- Liaison with photographers, videographers and graphic designers to effectively produce and present effective visual content.
- Collect and edit stories from staff, students and others for use in various media, venues and platforms.
- Write and develop printed program materials.
- Develop outreach strategies for reaching new audiences to grow our mailing lists.
- Write, design and send seasonal fundraising campaign emails.
- Support senior staff on communications to key donors (individuals, businesses and foundations)
- Support grant writing as needed.
- Work with the team on general fundraising communications strategy.
- Participate in planning and execution of periodic fundraising events.
Peace in Schools is seeking a Communications Coordinator who:
- Has broad communication experience with mission-based programs and/or non-profit organizations.
- Has excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Is technically proficient in platforms such as MailChimp, Google Apps, Squarespace, Facebook, Facebook Ads Manager and Instagram.
- Has substantial experience in the skill areas reflected on the job application form.
- Has experience and strong interest in mindfulness/meditation practices.
- Can do quality work with efficiency, consistency and reliability.
- Can manage a variety of tasks and key initiatives concurrently.
- Is able to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Is a self-starter, able to work independently.
- Enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Location: Portland, OR
Timeline: Applications reviewed on rolling basis. Open until filled.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Annual Salary: $32,000
Benefits: Excellent health insurance and retirement benefits, paid vacation and sick leave.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Closing Date: Applications reviewed on rolling basis. Open until filled.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES / HOW TO APPLY
Fully complete and submit the online application form and attach a resumé. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Position will remain open until filled. No phone calls please. Only finalists for the position will be contacted.