Mindful Teaching: An Experiential 8-Week Course for Educators
Thursdays September 20 - november 8, 2018
at the Little Church in Portland, Oregon
You're passionate about educating young people. You want to make a difference. This eight-week mindfulness course for educators is experiential and more comprehensive than our two-day Mindfulness for Educators class. You'll gain practical tools for use in the classroom, as well as skills to benefit your work, your relationships, and your well-being. This course is useful for teachers, school counselors, parents, clinicians, and anyone who regularly works with youth.
Participants will be introduced to fundamental mindfulness tools to revitalize their relationship to work and self. This experiential course explores the benefits of mindfulness for one’s emotional, mental, and physical health. It introduces specific trauma-informed practices that foster emotional resilience, compassion, and connection with youth. It explores the scientific evidence for incorporating these practices in educational settings. Participants will deepen their understanding and application of mindfulness practices, in order to transform their work with youth.
COST: $395 / $375 early bird
EARLY BIRD RATE VALID UNTIL august 30
Group Discount: $50 off per person for groups of three or more.
- Learn fundamental mindfulness tools, including meditation, cultivating presence, reducing stress, and fostering connection to oneself and others.
- Apply practical mindfulness exercises in classrooms or therapeutic settings with youth.
- Embody mindfulness to build authentic, inspired connection in your work with youth.
- Acquire a basic understanding of the structure and processes of the brain in relation to fear, anxiety and other strong emotions.
- Understand why trauma-informed practices with youth are critical.
- Understand the beneficial effects that mindfulness practices have on mental and physical health.
- Incorporate mindfulness insights and practices to develop equitable outcomes for students and clients in all their diversity.
- Experience the impact of a mindfulness practice on one’s work life: cultivating presence, calmness, equanimity and the ability to access joy.
- If you cancel 14 or more days prior to the event start date, payments made will be refunded in full (less a $25 processing fee).
- If you cancel between 13 days and 1 day prior to the event start date, a nonrefundable credit (less a $25 processing fee and any non-cancelable charges levied by the venue, such as room and board), will be held for one year from the date of issue. The credit can be applied to any Peace in Schools event.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the event start date, if you do not show up, or if you leave a program or event early.
- If Peace in Schools cancels: on rare occasions, due to unforeseen circumstances, we may need to cancel a program. Should this circumstance arise, you will receive a full refund.